18 April 2010

Ashley the Magnificent's Misadventure

Usually, my self-imposed alter-ego is utterly cool. :) Okay, not always, but I like to think so, hehe. But today... today, Ashley the Magnificent had an utter misadventure. :/

I had to work today, at my semi-nice, but usually-annoying job at Taco Bell. When I got my lunch break at about 2:00, I decided to walk up the hill (only a couple hundred yards) to a nearby Subway restaurant. I made it there with flair--I was oh-so-cool (haha, not really... but it makes my downfall even more the climactic, haha). And I ordered my sandwich and was on my way back to work, to eat there before I had to clock back in. :) The route was part grass, part rocks, but mostly just black pavement. Anyway, so I was all happy (I really don't know why I was this happy--usually I'm not that happy during work, haha) and not paying attention to where I was going. And I stepped into this pothole, and I IMMEDIATELY knew something awful was going to happen, haha.

My ankle twisted in a not-so-great (but not destructively at all--it just felt really weird, haha) manner, and I could feel myself falling--and falling FAST. I don't know what happened, but my fingers were trying to keep my face from getting all scratched up, but somehow they were all mangled and twisted in all the wrong ways underneath my hips (what in the world were they doing all the way down there?!), my rear end was flying high in the air, and my shoulders were somehow very securely fastened to the ground. It's a position I remember LOVING sleeping in when I was a toddler, haha (who knows why, it's one of the most uncomfortable positions I know now, lol!).

The first thing I thought to do was to straighten out my fingers, so I didn't break them, and then I just lay there on the ground, breathing in the grass, trying to get my heart to beat again. I'm such a klutz. haha.

Then I finally turned over, and.... and, oooh, did I mention that this Subway is seated in this gas station?! It totally is, and there were about four or five people filling up their gas tanks, just staring at me, not including passengers in the cars. Oooh, it was SOOO utterly embarrassing, lol.

I sat there for a few moments, then got up and walked back to Taco Bell, and I ate my sandwich. And I was limping around the whole day. When I took a shower earlier, I thought I was going to pass out when I had to wash my left knee, which has a LOVELY rug-burn. :/ It had bled a bit earlier, and I'm all good, but I figured you all would love the little embarrassing moment in my life. haha.

And you want to know the BEST part? After I finished my sandwich, I called my mom, for two reasons. One, because I'm a wussy and I needed to hear my mommy's voice after such an ordeal (hehe). Two, because lunch breaks are UTTERLY boring if you don't have something to do or someone to talk to. :/

So I told her the whole story, about nobody coming to help me up or see if I was okay, and all, and then I went back to work, and while I was sweeping the dining room or something, this family that was sitting at the table next to where I had been eating called my name (we are required to wear name tags, but it's still really shocking when total strangers just call out "Ashley" or say "Thanks, Ashley!" to me. haha) out across the dining room, and they were like, "Oh, we're so sorry we didn't help you up! We thought you were just sitting down to eat your lunch..." (And I still question: What person in their right mind would think that ANYBODY doing a face-plant was just sitting down to have a dandy little lunch?!)

Hahahahahaha.

Usually, my life isn't this entertaining, but I thought it was pretty funny. At least I didn't break my ankle or pass out or worse. Thank God. :)

Till next time,
Ash the (Royally Embarrassed) Dreamer

No comments: